As a student of Department of Foreign Languages and Applied Linguistics, I definitely have lots of opportunities to create my own articles or stories. To me, I enjoy in the process of writing quite much. I consider that transform my thoughts into words is an extremely interesting thing, not only for gain the achievement, but also can make others know my feeling. Although words sometimes cannot present my total ideas completely, to share part of them is still quite joyful.
Actually, I have written several Chinese novels since junior high school, and I think perhaps I will create an English one in the following years. Because I love daydreaming, I will create amount of characters to fill up my imaginative plots. All of them have their own personalities and their own lives, some of them live in happiness while some of them have difficult lives. This is pretty an amazing stuff in writing! Even though these stories are all created by me, they are fairly different styles. I think this is the magic power of writing that authors can put everything they want into the plots, making the characters alive, letting readers know the emotions of characters, and the most successful level is, earning the tears or the laughs from readers. What a beautiful matter, isn’t it?
If you ask me how I improve my writing skills, I would definitely tell you the one and only way is reading. The more materials you read, the more you will improve. No one can achieve heaven by a single step, if we want to make a good work, we must need to learn and practice much before.
In my situation, I read all types of novels or articles so that I won’t be trapped in a small area, like horror stories have their own descriptive method while romances also have their own, I think all of them are worth learning. To be in touch with distinct style works does help me a lot on writing different type of articles, while it may cause some funny problems, such as I sometimes create a romantic story with horrible narrations. Whatever, it is still pretty pleasant during the writing process, although the result makes me don’t know whether to laugh or cry.



Hiii, Xenia. I really admire you for your writing skills. I like to read your blogs, especially for your vivid narrations. I always learn something after reading your blogs. Writing is totally an uneasy thing to me. Hope I can have a great writing skills just like you, haha. So, I gonna read some novels now :)
回覆刪除"not only for gain the achievement, but also can make others know my feeling." I can see that you want to share you feeling to others. I also agree that you we need to keep practice and not only the single way. And you will see yourself improve a lot at the end.
回覆刪除